In 2001, Brian Mitchell started interGen as a five-year project to explore the changing social landscape between churches and the broader culture in which they operate. The result was a variety of community outreach activities that brought the church to the people, such as Gallery Walk, Movies in the Park, communication strategy creation and implementation including website development for churches and other non-profits.
As the five year project was nearing completion, it became obvious there was increasing demand from businesses and other organizations for the marketing and website projects that interGen had been providing. On March 16, 2006, interGen, inc. was officially registered as a for-profit business.
Long before Content Management Systems took over the internet, Brian was building websites that allowed owners access to make their own changes and updates-something that was unheard of in the heyday of static Dreamweaver websites. interGen was a pioneer in building and training for Open Source Content Management Systems. The company started to gain customers from across the midwest and beyond.
In early 2017, interGen acquired Artisan Web & Print in Brattleboro VT, bringing our brand of attention to detail and outstanding customer service to the New England states, and expanding our customer base across the nation.
Today, interGen is a marketing company specializing in web development and hosting. Based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with offices in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and Brattleboro, Vermont, interGen creates websites and web solutions that deliver on function, design, support, and service. We prefer to create and develop websites using the Joomla! Content Management System because we believe it provides our customers with the best user experience available:
- Easy to maintain with a simple login and word processor interface for updating content.
- Leverage industry leading, open source technologies to provide best-in-class performance and features at an incredible value.
- Highly extensible, providing literally thousands of well integrated possibilities for developing a site that meets your needs today and well into the future.
- Great hosting and subscription packages to ensure security, backup, updating, email, and exceptional web server performance.
In addition to website design and development, we offer a wide array of marketing services:
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Social Media Marketing
- Automated Content Marketing Programs
- Graphic design for all printed pieces such as logo design, brochures, postcards, direct mail pieces, print ads, sales forms, point of purchase signage, tradeshow graphics, and annual reports.
- Media Planning, Selection and Placement
- Assistance in gathering printing, and photography quotes
- Writing press releases
- Research promotional items, media for press releases, and Radio/TV Stations